[mythtv-users] Colour Saturation Problem

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat May 28 10:29:33 UTC 2005

On Sat 28 May 2005 10:58, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> This is strictly speaking off-topic for this list but indirectly it is
> connected to Myth.
>
> One of my frontends outputs directly to the TV but the image looks
> washed-out. This affects the GUI and not just the TV image.  I've tried but
> the problem cannot be corrected with xgamma - darker or lighter the image
> is still washed out.

I should just clarify. By using the following gamma settings (Red  1.300,
Green  1.000, Blue  0.800) I get much better results than the default gamma.
However the depth and quality of colour is still missing.

The best illustration of this is in the EPG - I have category colouring turned
on but some of the different shades are indistinct on the TV. The colours
lack the vibrancy that they have on my monitors for example.
--
Stuart Morgan