[mythtv-users] Key modifiers in lircrc

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Fri May 27 23:46:51 UTC 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Ben Giddings wrote:
>
>> Then you could probably have a variety of "program" names for MythTV:
>> 'mythmusic' would have one set of commands, 'mythweather' would have
>> another set, 'mythgui' another set, 'mythplayback' another set...
>>
>> You could also have some generic commands that worked for any myth
>> mode, like "delete", or "menu", or "seek +10".  They might not always
>> apply (like seek +10 wouldn't be of much use in the GUI) but whenever
>> the mode permitted that command, that command would work.
>>
> Wow.  52 buttons on my remote times 5 or 10 program names (plus xine,
> MPlayer, and xmms) = one very big LIRC config file. :)

True, the config file could get huge, but it least it would be clear
what you were intending. I really like Ben's idea. Much better than the
current remote key overload.

In regard to my original question, I have added debugging output to
some of the code, and Ctrl+W is the correct thing to put in the lircrc
file. The Qt library parses it, but it's just not being handled
properly when the event is dispatched. I just might get tired enough of
adding debug output and recompiling to actually learn gdb again.
Haven't used it in many, many years. Like, before C++ was in common
use.

-Michael