[mythtv-users] keybindings question - change keybinding based on context

ychbot24-myth at yahoo.com ychbot24-myth at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 21:39:53 UTC 2005

Hi, I have a question about key bindings, and possible
enhancement request.  I know there is a way to re-map the keys
used in myth, but simply remapping them is not flexible enough
for me.  What I would like is a way to re-map the keys based on
the context.  Such as if I am in playback mode, or in the menu,
the same key could be remapped differently.  Is there currently
any way to do this?

This is a feature I would really like in the front end as I just
don't like the default behavior of the keys and simply
re-mapping them doesn't solve it.  If there is no way of doing
any of this now, I am willing to put in the time to learn the
architecture and QT and to implement this, if people think it is
a reasonable enhancement.