[mythtv-users] Nuvexport dies - no matching database entries (was Re: Remain in MPEG-2 but remove commercials?)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:45:39 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Not sure. You could try that. You can also manually add cut points
> > > using the keys I described above.
> > >

> > With this file the mythcommflag command does not find commercials and
> > hitting e does not bring up the time line.
> >
> > I'm currently trying out nuvexport on another file - a 2 hour movie.
> > We'll see how it works.
> >
> > This is all far too difficult for my parents to handle though.
>
> Oh, yeah. I only use nuvexport when I want to burn some shows to DVD.

So that works? My dad has a bunch of old family videos on tape. He
'interviewed' a bunch of my now gone relatives. He wants to digitize
them with the PVR-150 I set up at their place and then burn them to
DVD for the rest of family.

> By far my number 1 feature wish for Myth is integrated DVD burning
> that takes advantage of commercial markings.
>
> Also, fyi, mpeg2 cutting shouldn't take too long. Maybe 5-10 mins for
> an hour show. Depends on your machine, but that's the right scale for
> the timeframe.

3GHz P4HT. Took about 10-12 minutes for the whole movie. The results
weren't too bad. It missed 4 commercial breaks. I have to go back and
see if they were flagged or not in myth. I guess if they weren't that
I could somehow add them within the E/Z editor.

Thanks for your help.

At this point I think my one mystery is what happened to this episode
of Navy NCIS such that I have no commercials flagged and do nto seem
to be able to get them flagged. Very strange.

Cheers,
Mark