[mythtv-users] Nuvexport dies - no matching database entries (was Re: Remain in MPEG-2 but remove commercials?)

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri May 27 19:12:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 11:40:33AM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> >Short story: nuvexport dies with the following error message
> > [snip]
> > Found 9 files, but no matching database entries.
>
> upgrade.  or check your nuvexportrc file and turn off require_cutlist

I have the latest nuvexport, but have not managed to make it work on 720p mpeg2 files
as of yet.   Hard to get you diagnostics because it takes forever even on my Athlon 3000+

The behaviour is a bit odd.   It quickly copies over 1.5gb up to the first commercial
break, but then will sit there for a very long time -- 10 minutes or more -- doing no
output, and the system says it is in a "wait" state.   Then eventually it will copy
over the next block -- about 600mb -- and then wait again for a very long time, and
then abort.  (First time it aborted because it writes intermediate files to the current
dir rather than the destination dir it asks for, so it ran out of space.  Second time it
complained about audio.)  Those diagnostics aren't enough for you to go on, of course,
but I was curious as to this odd behaviour.  I realize at a cut point it needs to
do a bit of regeneration, but I am at a loss to think of what might take 10 minutes or
more to do.

I presume this is mostly inside avidemux that this is happening, so I realize you may
not know what it's up to.

If it's not an unusual situation, a useful feature might be an mpeg cutter that simply cuts
a little early at the cut-back-in, ie. at a nearby I-frame.  (Forward if there's an I-frame
within a few frames forward of the cut, backwards to the previous I-frame if not.)  There
are usually going to be I-frames around commercial cuts in any event.