[mythtv-users] Re: Mythstream Tips Tricks

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 27 06:26:51 UTC 2005

Ross Campbell wrote:

>Sometimes finding the actual stream URL is a bit challenging -- I.E.
>buried or hidden in clickwraps, redirect, java, or javascript. If you
>can use wget to grab a .ram or .asx or whatever file, you can usually
>find right URLs inside of there.

You can also put the URL of the .ram or .asx (or whatever it is you're
downloading that contains the URL's) into the database and MythStream
will "harvest" the URL's for you.  That way, when the server that's
streaming the content changes, you'll get the update.  Oh, and it caches
the information, so it only checks for updates when the last-used URL no
longer works.

Mike