[mythtv-users] Key modifiers in lircrc

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Thu May 26 19:21:56 UTC 2005

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, searching in gossamer for using
the control key as a modifier for lircrc returns almost every message
regarding remotes, due to "remote control" being in most of them.

I have used mythweb to add a jump point to mythweather of Ctrl+W.
Hitting Ctrl-W on the keyboard works, so I am that far.

However, I am unable to get it to work from the remote. lirc
documentation says to send a control key with a backslash and capital
letter, which doesn't work. I have tried all of the following in my
lircrc:
\W
Ctrl W
Control W
Ctrl-W
Control-W
Ctrl+W
Control+W

Some of these caused a message similar to:
LircClient warning: attempt to convert '' to a key sequence failed. Fix
your key mappings.

to be printed, with the lirc config value in the quotes. Some of the
keys silently failed.

I eventually gave up and used F2, which works.

For future reference, anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks
-Michael