[mythtv-users] Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T with kernel 2.6.11.10

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Thu May 26 03:14:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:50 pm, Tj wrote:
> Paul Andreassen wrote:
> >On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:32 pm, Tj NG wrote:
> >>To all Twinhan VisionPlus owners out there,
> >>Any of you guys managed to get the 2.6.11.10 kernel to work with
> >>VisionPlus? MythTV compiles but I couldn't watch TV with it, the picture
> >>is jerking alot ( tried both TS and PS).
> >>Also, anybody tried whether the VP cards work with 2.6.12.RCx's?
> >I have 2.6.11.7 compiled with this patch and my Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T
> > works fine.  I believe it was included in a later kernel so you may
> > already have it.
>
> I already tried that patch. 2.6.11.8 onwards already have this patch.
> The system doesn't freeze on loading the bttv module anymore. However,
> when I tried to watch with my Twinhan cards, the video jumped, audio is
> broken up. Recording shows also produce the same result.
>
> I tried recompiling mythtv, tried both TS/PS modes and still got the
> same problem, any ideas on what I failed to do? So your using 2.6.11.x,
> with Twinhan cards and have no problems watching TV with Mythtv?
>
> I've yet to try another DVB app to see if the problem lies with the
> kernel or myth itself, do you have another DVB app to recommend? MythTV
> is the only app I am using ATM. I used to be able to use dvbstream and
> pipe it to mplayer, but I can't seem to do it anymore.
>
> Not a huge issue for me since I can always fallback to 2.6.10. But I
> would like to move on to a newer kernel if possibe. Thanks for helping
> me out. :p

My suggestion is maybe your using the wrong options to load the kernel module.
I noticed a lot of people recommend using "card" and "tuner" with the bttv
module.  All I do is put "dvb-bt8xx" in my /etc/modules and everything loads
fine.

Do you have enough signal strength on your antenna?  The Twinhan card likes a
strong signal.

I also can get dvbstream to steam across a network to mplayer.

Sorry I can't help more,
Paul