[mythtv-users] Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T with kernel 2.6.11.10

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Thu May 26 02:50:05 UTC 2005

Paul Andreassen wrote:

>On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:32 pm, Tj NG wrote:
>

>>To all Twinhan VisionPlus owners out there,
>>Any of you guys managed to get the 2.6.11.10 kernel to work with
>>VisionPlus? MythTV compiles but I couldn't watch TV with it, the picture
>>is jerking alot ( tried both TS and PS).
>>
>>Also, anybody tried whether the VP cards work with 2.6.12.RCx's?
>>

>I have 2.6.11.7 compiled with this patch and my Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T works
>fine.  I believe it was included in a later kernel so you may already have
>it.

I already tried that patch. 2.6.11.8 onwards already have this patch.
The system doesn't freeze on loading the bttv module anymore. However,
when I tried to watch with my Twinhan cards, the video jumped, audio is
broken up. Recording shows also produce the same result.

I tried recompiling mythtv, tried both TS/PS modes and still got the
same problem, any ideas on what I failed to do? So your using 2.6.11.x,
with Twinhan cards and have no problems watching TV with Mythtv?

I've yet to try another DVB app to see if the problem lies with the
kernel or myth itself, do you have another DVB app to recommend? MythTV
is the only app I am using ATM. I used to be able to use dvbstream and
pipe it to mplayer, but I can't seem to do it anymore.

Not a huge issue for me since I can always fallback to 2.6.10. But I
would like to move on to a newer kernel if possibe. Thanks for helping
me out. :p

Regards,
Tj