[mythtv-users] OT: RG-6 crimping question

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed May 25 22:52:31 UTC 2005

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) wrote:
> Josh Burks wrote:
>> I don't know why either. I purchased my HT system from Worst Buy back
>> in Feb (they were running a good deal on the one I wanted, and I
>> didn't want to pay 150 bucks in shipping)
>> [snippage]
>> I told him that the system would run on Cat5 if I wanted it
>> to.  He got all pissy, and I proceded to the front to pay.
>
> yikes, don't they get paid commission?  isn't one sale w/o monster
> cables better than no sales at all?!

Unless they've changed things since I worked there, no.  They get hammered by
their managers to push accessories, service plans, and other add-ons, so while
there's no incentive for them to load people up, there's a strong disincentive
to not doing the same.

At various times, I sold computers and cell phones, so at least I didn't have
any Monster snake-oil to push.  The video & audio guys had that task, though,
as well as a manager who had chugged the Monster Kool-Aid.

  _/_