[mythtv-users] OT: RG-6 crimping question

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:00:05 UTC 2005

On 5/25/05, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:
<snip>
> i've also heard many people that are big into the high-end home theatre
> stuff bash Best Buy and Circuit City as places to purchase componants,
> cables, etc ... anyone know why?  is it because BB pushes Monster cables
> on anyone that comes in?  other reasons?  just curious! :)

I don't know why either. I purchased my HT system from Worst Buy back
in Feb (they were running a good deal on the one I wanted, and I
didn't want to pay 150 bucks in shipping), and the salesperson asked
if I needed any cables, and I said "Sure". He grabbed all the high end
Monster Cables, and said is there anything else. I said "Yeah, I'd
like the Acoustic Research versions of all the cables you just picked
for me". He tried to BS me into thinking that my new Yahama/Klipsch
system would only work on Monster Cable. Well, I looked at all the
boxes and saw no mention of "Monster Cable or equivlent required" on
any box. I told him that the system would run on Cat5 if I wanted it
to. He got all pissy, and I proceded to the front to pay.

I think a quality cable makes the system sound better, but $20 per
cable difference between the Monster Cables and Acoustic Research
cables is retarded.

Josh