[mythtv-users] IceTV has just announced support for aussie mythtv

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Wed May 25 20:15:00 UTC 2005

.....And has anyone heard anything more about Foxtel going after the D1
or IceTV guys of the world for copyright of their content?

It seems to me that a Oztivo style solution where individual community
members are entering the data (eg non sue'able') is the way to go on
these matters.

Interesting point, I've just come back from an all day CableLabs
briefing (a more detailed report will be posted this evening) it's
amazing the differences between the USA and Australia in that tv guide
information is public domain and not able to be sued over but that the
method of display on the screen al la Gemstar patent was a major issue
(a figure of $250M was paid by Comcast to make that problem go away).

Cheers,
Dean

Centres