[mythtv-users] Bottom-end MythTv Suggestions

Bob Cottingham bob at bobnvic.com
Wed May 25 16:54:31 UTC 2005

Since I just went though building a new frontend, I thought I'd offer a
few suggestions of my own. I bought an MSI K7N2GM2-LSR motherboard from
newegg for $63 with shipping. This motherboard is an nforce2 with onboard
sound and video and both svideo and rca out.  It also has SATA. Newegg
doesn't appear to carry it any more (I just bought it a month ago, but
pricewatch shows ewiz carrying it at that price). I really like the
motherboard and it works great.

I would suggest a Athlon XP-M 2400+ or 2500+ mobile processor for about
$80-$90 for low heat and reasonable cost, plus a CNPS7000b-ALCU Zalman
heatsink/fan for $29 from Amazon.com for quiet operation.

This would be for the best bang for your buck that I could determine.

Good luck,
Bob C