[mythtv-users] Bottom-end MythTv Suggestions

Richard Garnish rabies at meep.org
Wed May 25 15:23:38 UTC 2005

The VIA Mini ITX boards fit that niche - ~600-1200MHz processor
depending on model, onboard Unichrome graphics with MPEG2 acceleration
(supported by MythTV), SVideo or RCA video out, analogue or SPDIF audio,
onboard ethernet, and various other options dependant on which board you
choose.  I can watch Live TV (standard definition) from a DVB-T card
with about 10% CPU usage.  Transcoding chugs a bit on a processor like
that, though - if that is a major concern, you might be better off
looking elsewhere.

Richard