[mythtv-users] Re: Myth Setting Frequency of PVR-250 Wrongly... What's Going On?

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Wed May 25 16:17:25 UTC 2005

On 5/23/05, Geoff Scott <geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
><snip>
> I looked everywhere I could think of that might have that 884
> frequency.  I scanned all through the database, but nothing popped out
> to me.  I don't know how/why MythTV is setting the tuner card
> parameters.
>
> I'm at a loss here as to what I need to do next.  I've looked through
> dmesg and all seems to be fine, I can post that if someone wants a
> peak.
>
> Frustrating, as this is the last "bug" on the box.
>
> ... and for those of you that know the show, yes, the "What's Going
> On?" in the title is a Xandir reference from "Drawn Together".
>
> gs

Replying to myself...

I've done some more work on this, and it seems to me it's a MythTV
issue.  I can't, for the life of me, get the Frequency to be anything
other than 884 (ivtvctl -a, look at "Frequency=").  I finally did get
the /etc/rc.d/rc.local to set the frequency to 980 at boot, but as
soon as mythfrontend loads, it gets changed to 884.

I've tried changing all the settings I can think of, US-bcst,
US-cable, start on channel 2, start on channel 3, external tuner
channel 3, external tuner channel 4... and on and on...

No matter what I do (and yes, each time I run mythtv-setup I restart
the backend), I can not get Myth to use anything other than 884.  I'm
starting to go a little mad.

Card is PVR-250, Tuner type 8.  I've also tried stable and testing
ATRPMs for MythTV.  Same behaviour for both.

Desperately seeking some suggestions...

gs