[mythtv-users] Re: Problem with Mythburn

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Wed May 25 12:57:12 UTC 2005

> indicate that ProjectX can fix the problems, but I have noticed spurious
> A/V sync errors in my recordings processed with ProjectX (instead of
> gradual loss of sync resulting in a noticeable difference at the end of
> the recording, I have 5-10 seconds of sync offset 2-3 times per hour
> recording).  Don't know how many of the others who have just begun using
> ProjectX have actually watched their processed videos to see if they
> have problems too, but I didn't get any responses when I asked before.

I didn't respond because I have no problems (which is what you asked).
Well, I do have a few "skips" but nowhere near 5-10 seconds, more like
1/4 second every two hours MAYBE.

I think we have to trace this problem way back to the IVTV driver.
Everything for me was great while I was using some old .1 version, once
I went to the "latest and greatest" .2 and up (with kernel 2.6),
everything farther down the chain started falling apart (notably
Mythburn).  I think that's also why there are so many varied responses
in why MythBurn/ProjectX/nuvexport works or doesn't, even with exactly
the same utility codebase.

What IVTV versions has everyone used that gives them awesome results
with no sync loss/dropped frames?  On what hardware?  Have you frozen a
tarball of that driver?