[mythtv-users] Re: Problem with Mythburn

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 25 00:18:18 UTC 2005

Ross Campbell wrote:

>On 5/24/05, Carrison, Stuart <Stuart at carrison.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>The recorded is a PVR-250, the file has been transcoded to MPEG4 at a decent
>>bit rate (the source file is ~2.5Gb).
>>

>You should not need to to anything with the pvr250 recording to put it
>onto a DVD.

The original PVR-250 recording--even if it used the DVD Special
profiles--is still missing DVD NAV packets, so you do have to process it
(minimally) before burning.  Can be done with replex, or--if you want to
cut commercials--with something like avidemux2.

The big problem with doing this (either with replex or avidemux2) is
that you tend to lose A/V sync.  Common wisdom on the lists seem to
indicate that ProjectX can fix the problems, but I have noticed spurious
A/V sync errors in my recordings processed with ProjectX (instead of
gradual loss of sync resulting in a noticeable difference at the end of
the recording, I have 5-10 seconds of sync offset 2-3 times per hour
recording).  Don't know how many of the others who have just begun using
ProjectX have actually watched their processed videos to see if they
have problems too, but I didn't get any responses when I asked before.

Mike