[mythtv-users] Re: Wireless Keyboards

Tim Tait tim.tait1 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:27:05 UTC 2005

Karsten Jeppesen wrote:
> I had a look for the LITE-ON keyboard but it seems to have been
> discontinued.
> Since the remote function depends on IR (RF universal remotes don't
> exist I think) then the keyboard must use IR as the trasmitter medium.
> I have decided to proceed with the streamzap, but I noticed that Sage
> actually has an IR keyboard. Do anybody know if this keyboard can be
> emulated by the JP1 remotes the same way as the LITE-ON keyboard?
>
> <http://store.freytechnologies.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SOS&Category_Code=HD>

I too was looking for that Liteon SK-7100, but it vanished from newegg.
I did however find this Silitek SK-7551 PS/2 IR Keyboard/mousestick for
$USD 23.50 here:

<http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/skcomwirkeyw.html>

Their customer service was good.

Although it is grey & black in the photo, it is actually all black.
It works fine with X, but I have not yet tried to learn it's IR codes.
Seems quite sturdy. In fact, the reciever looks identical to the LiteOn
one. I suspect that Silitek made the other one for LiteOn. Anyhow I've
been using a Silitek desktop keyboard for 4 years now and it's never let
me down.

Tim