[mythtv-users] Does *anyone* run 2 LIRC devices on a single serial port?

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Mon May 23 15:58:19 UTC 2005

At 11:03 PM +0100 5/20/05, Nick wrote:
>Following up my earlier email, I've googled and searched the
>lirc-lists, but it doesnt seem like anyone else is doing this. If
>anyone has some magic to impart, please let me know! Should I be able
>to control both a transmitter and receiver with a 0.7.1 compile of
>LIRC with transmitter options compiled in?

You can control a transmitter and receiver on the same serial port,
assuming they use the same low-level driver, but you can't have two
transmitters or receivers on the same port.

This site may help:

   http://www.lircsetup.com/

Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"