[mythtv-users] PVR-150 users - how did you do it?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:15:13 UTC 2005

Childe,
   Thanks very much. I think this is helping. After many problems
today I'm back to having at least the test method for the PVR-150
correctly storing files using cat and then playing them back using
mplayer.

   Now I'm trying to get mythsetup done correctly. I'm guessing a bit
here. Can you tell me how you set yours up in the backend?

1) Since the PVR-150 is supposed to be a cost reduced version of the
250 I've chosen my capture card type to be a PVR-250/350. Is this what
you did?

2) I've set the video device as /dev/v4l/video0 and the tuner as
Tuner0. (Do you also have 'Tuner1' as an option?)

3) Under input connections I've set Tuner0->Adelphia (The name of my
cable TV service at this location.

   This all makes basic sense, but when I try to watch TV I only get a
black screen, no audio, and I have to Ctrl-C out of the terminal to
get back. I cannot hit escape to exit the watch TV screen.

   Help! I think I'm pretty close!

Thanks,
Mark