[mythtv-users] IR receiver help

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:58:00 UTC 2005

On 5/21/05, Dan H Orlic <dan.orlic at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,
>    The last thing I need before jumping into mythtv is an IR receiver.
> I have two PVR-150 which does not have an IR receiver.
>
> My questions is, does anyone have a suggestion for a serial IR receiver
> that I can purchase that will work with these cards?  I'd rather not
> build one, I am all thumbs when it comes to soldering.

Dan,

I bought a couple from zapway.de which are working perfectly. I even
took apart a separate transmitter device (irblaster.info) and soldered
it together with the receiver, so that the one device would work as a
combined transmitter and receiver using just one serial port (which is
now working fine using just one instance of LIRC with transmitter
diode and software carrier options compiled in). If I need any more,
I'll probably take a stab at building them myself, but I figured I'd
get some that were known to work when building my first couple of
boxes!

Nick