[mythtv-users] IR receiver help

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:53:04 UTC 2005

On 5/21/05, Derek Battams <derek at battams.ca> wrote:
> Quoting Rob Bongiovi <rbongiovi at yahoo.com>:
> > I'm in the same boat...decided to try one this guy
> > builds and use it with one of the remotes I have
> > laying around:
> >
> > http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZjustsellinstuff
> >
> > Rob
>
> I bought this same receiver from the same eBay seller.  Received it the other
> day.  The receiver isn't working for me in Linux (KnoppMyth RA15), however I
> know the receiver is good as I've hooked it up to my WinXP box and it works
> like a charm in Windows.  No problems with the seller... quick shipment, etc.
> so I definitely recommend the seller.  I just hope I can get the receiver to
> work with KnoppMyth.
>
> If anyone's got a serial IR receiver working with KnoppMyth RA15 successfully
> then I'd love to hear how you did it.  I was able to rebuild lirc 0.7.1, got
> the lirc_serial kernel module built and loaded, but when I run 'irw' I get no
> response from it when I push any remote buttons.  Again, the same receiver and
> remote hooked up to my WinXP box works like a charm.

Derek,

Do you get any response when running irrecord in raw mode? irw needs a
properly configured lircd.conf remote definitions file to give output
when you press keys. irrecord should work irrespective of this (i.e.
if you're trying to get the code to create the lircd.conf file) and
would be a better indication if its working.

Nick