[mythtv-users] 0.18.1 on x86_64 and lirc not working

Johan Reinalda johan at global.thunderbird.edu
Sun May 22 18:15:49 UTC 2005

All,
I have just built a new box, based on FC3-x86_64, installed as plain
x86_64 without the 32-bit comp. libraries. (on Athlon64 2800+, ECS
755-A2 mobo, 512mb, 200gb, pvr-150mce, nvidia fx5200-svid)

Installed lirc 0.7.1 as usual, then installed 0.18.1-x86_64 from the at
repo (manually downloading rpms,  as yum had some dependency problems
with myth-plugins).

myth runs fine, with one exception: I cannot get lirc support to work.

Using a home brew serial port receiver, the lirc setup shows working
when testing with 'mode2' (i see pulses), and with 'irw' (I see the
correct buttom definitions, both as root or as mythtv user). However,
Myth does not recognize/use lirc...

I have the same setup  on a development box, running an older&slower
original athlon 32bit cpu, and also 0.18.1 (upgraded from the original
0.17 install) There things work. I pulled in the following two lirc
config files from this dev system which work there:
/etc/lircd.conf
~mythtv/.myth/lirrc

One difference I notice is the lack of following type entries in
/var/log/message (this does show up for irw, not when starting
mythfrontend) :

May 22 10:41:06 mythtv lircd-0.7.1[3584]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd

What am I missing, or is it just that the x86_64 build does not support
lirc?

TIA,

Johan