[mythtv-users] time lag between video & vaudio??

Yang Yang yangyang at juggler.ucsd.edu
Sun May 22 06:57:02 UTC 2005

i use a bt878 TV card, probably without hardware compresson????
I connect the TV card audio output to the audio in on the sound card,

when I watch TV ( not recording) with mythtv, there is a about 1
second lag of video behind audio,
I think this is because mythtv is recording everything down so I can
rewind TV,
how can I get rid of the lag??

I tried getting sound directly from TV card, but doesn't seem to work,
the sound card on the TV card shows as snd_bt87x ( alsa sound driver)

btw, how to stop an on-going video recording from "managing
recordings"  menu?? if I "delete" it, the partitally recorded video
files are also delete, which is not what I want.

thanks a lot!