[mythtv-users] Jarod - Here's Your Chance (AKA - Distro Cage Match)

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sat May 21 10:43:46 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 01:48, Michael Haan wrote:
> Now, however, I am unhappy with Gentoo.  I have been trying for weeks
> to upgrade my kernel so that I can use my new pchdtv3000 card - with
> no luck.
did
genkernel --kernel-config=<your config file> all
not work for you?
add --udev for udev (instead of devfs)
add --lvm2 for (surprise, surprise lvm2)
even add --gensplash=Misspingus4 for some boot time eye candy
the gentoo/mythtv combination works for me on three different machine types
--
Simon Kenyon
email:  simon at koala.ie
tel:    +353 1 805 9290