[mythtv-users] Jarod - Here's Your Chance (AKA - Distro CageMatch)

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sat May 21 20:50:44 UTC 2005

On 5/21/05, Marc Tousignant <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:

> <CLIP>
>
> >As a test, Ioaded Kanotix64.  Networking via forcedeth is working, all
> >disks are accessible (didn't check video) and kernel is 2.6.10 which
> >qualifies as >2.6.9.  It's not my hardware.  Very serisously
> >considering a re-install......
>
> I'm using Gentoo with Vanilla 2.6.10 patched with DVB and the 2.0 drivers
> from pchdtv. So you CAN upgrade you kernel to whatever you want.
>
> My system thou is a Pentium 4 3.2E so I'm not having the problems you
> reported. The rest is.
> Geforce 5700 FX
> PVR-350
> HD3000
>
> Both cards and drivers play nice together. I just have not setup my antenna
> yet and the QAM scan is not working on Myth for me because my provider is
> not sending the PSIP information. I can manually tune channels with azap and
> feed them over my network to another pc and watch proving that the QAM
> reception works.
>
> PCHDTV reports that the drivers come with 2.6.12. Since you can't get it to
> work as is you could unmask and try the mm-sources which at this time is at
> 2.6.12_rc4-r1. That way you wouldn't have to patch in anything yourself.
> Newest vanilla-sources are at 2.6.11.10 so you would still have to patch
> yourself.

Well, I booted kanotix 64 with it's 2.6.10 kernel and everything was
fine.  So i took the plunge and wiped my myth box.  Five hours later
and, so far, so good.  The OS (Gentoo) is back up and running
2.6.12-rc4, onboard networking and SATA is now working.  Still have
some work to do, hoping the 6600GT works out.  More later.