[mythtv-users] OT: NUV player for windows (MPEG4 transcoded)

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05 at crowcastle.net
Fri May 20 17:53:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 13:47, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> > At one time, there was a difference between nuv files that were recorded
> > in MPEG-4 from a capture card and nuv files that were transcoded from
> > MPEG-2.  Is that still true?  Is it relevant?
>
> yes, both true and relevant! I have no problems playing the mpeg2
> (direct from hauppauge) files, but I was having problems with the
> mpeg4 transcoded ones. Now they both work thanks to 3ivx and dsMyth

I think you missed my point.  There are two ways to generate mpeg4 files
in Myth.  You can generate them as the result of transcoding, or if you
have a raw capture card (e.g., bt878), Myth can encode it directly to
mpeg4.

But what are 3ivx and dsMyth?  I'm looking for a way to convert files
trancoded into mpeg4 into standard .avi files without re-encoding them.

--PC