[mythtv-users] stuttering playback with MythTV EPIA-M/networked

stan at stanandliz.net stan at stanandliz.net
Fri May 20 12:35:45 UTC 2005

Hi

I have an Epia box which did something similar. The stuttering was
accompanied by load of "prebuffering pause" messages from mythfrontend.

This is what I did to correct the stuttering:

1. Run mythfrontend as root or suid mythfrontend.
2. Run mythfrontend with nice -15 or so. eg "nice -n -15 mythfrontend"

Hope this helps.

Stephen