[mythtv-users] Re: Feature request: backwards compatability

Graham Dunn graham.dunn at leitch.com
Thu May 19 19:39:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 03:20:46PM -0400, Tom Lichti wrote:

> Uh, yeah. It took me under an hour to get KnoppMyth running, and
> watching TV. I've only ever tried to install Gentoo once, and after
> about 4 hours of futzing around with it, I still didn't have an
> installed system. And I'm not a Linux noob, I've been doing this for a
> long time. My first distro was Yggdrasil.

Yggdrasil?! WE used to download Slackware 0.99 onto 720k floppies, over a
1200baud modem, worrying if disk set X would finish in time before we
had to get the next morning to start writing our sendmail.cf using ex

Graham

(waiting for the "1200 baud? Luxury! We used to have to whistle 300
baud, and write our own compiler with a paper bag and peice of charcoal!")