[mythtv-users] nuvexport/transcode + dvb + a/v sync problem

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 19 07:46:48 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, Philip Nelson <phatfil at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> G'day
> I'm trying to export to xvid a recording which I recorded from dvb. The
> recording has already been transcoded by myth to mpeg4, and it plays fine.
> However, there is a point in the recording where it looks like the signal was
> bad for about half a second - it goes kinda choppy/get artifacts - when
> playing in myth, this is really no problem, as it's only half a second or so
> - but when I transcode to xvid (using nuvexport/transcode), at that point and
> onwards, a/v sync gets terribly out. I've tried transcoding a couple of times
> now and I always get the same thing. I'm using transcode 0.6.14. Any ideas on
> how to fix this?

There was a long thread about a/v sync issues last week or the week
before. Basically I suggested running a Java app called ProjectX,
which will fix up your DVB file before you attempt to transcode it to
DivX or XVid (or anything else for that matter). It seems the current
linux tools people normally use do not completely fix the a/v sync in
the source file, so that any attempt to transcode ends in potentially
horrible a/v sync problems.

Nick