[mythtv-users] Greater Toronto Area

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed May 18 17:11:48 UTC 2005

On 18-May-05, at 11:50 AM, Chris Clarke wrote:

> with one small problem, CBC (channel 6 on cogeco in Oakville) doesn't
> seem to record audio.  Anyone else in the area with the same problem
> (and hopefully a fix :)

This also happens on my sisters' setup, they're in downtown Toronto and
have a digital subscription. I put the coax cable into their PVR 250
for channels 2-82 and feed their stb into the 250's svideo connection
for the other channels. They get no sound for cbc through the 250's
tuner but every other channel records fine for both sources. My
solution was to remove channel 6 cbc from their datadirect setup, they
pick it up from the channnel 206 on the stb. That probably doesn't help
you.

I'm not very far away from them, between Riverdale and East York, and
my regular cable connection picks up all my channels (2-42, 58-70?) no
problem. We're both on rogers. I wonder if there's something funny
going on with a digital-ized cable?

- George