[mythtv-users] Re: transcode logs?

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:38:12 UTC 2005

> The mythweb "backend logs" actually shows you database entries, not
> the /var/log/mythbackend.log file contents.

right, but those entries are in leiu of log entries, right? As in, if
mythbackend logs to the database, it doesn't also log to the file...

> Currently, mythtranscode does not log its entries into the database,
> so you're not experiencing any unexpected behavior.
>
> I don't think logging to the database is mutually exclusive with
> logging to the backend logfile.

Ok, so this might just be a bug, then? It looks like when I'm logging
the backend to the dB, transcode doesn't log to mythbackend.log
correctly... Right now the only thing that shows up in the log are
channel changes and very light startup messages.

 - Jeff