[mythtv-users] Re: transcode logs?

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed May 18 15:02:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 10:36:15AM -0400, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> > I have it set to log to the database, is that what's causing the
> > transcode logs to be lost?
>
> I should note that I am also looking on the backend logs section in
> mythweb - I see recording and commercial flagging starting /
> stopping, but no transcode log entries. Version is 0.18.1

The mythweb "backend logs" actually shows you database entries, not
the /var/log/mythbackend.log file contents.

Currently, mythtranscode does not log its entries into the database,
so you're not experiencing any unexpected behavior.

I don't think logging to the database is mutually exclusive with
logging to the backend logfile.

--Rob