[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-350 or ATI 9200SE TV-out ?

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:32:59 UTC 2005

> PVR-350
> Cons - No Hardware Acceleration, possibly slow DIVX / XVID
>
> ATI 9200SE
> Cons - A PITA to setup

I think that basically covers it.

the TVOut on the PVR looks stunning - I don't have much to compare it
to, since I haven't used a normal tvout on my myth box yet, but it
looks just as good as it does right off the cable box into the TV. The
PVR-350 can be a PITA to set up, too, but it's def. possible. You may
want to set both up and try them out just to see what you think. With
that fast a system, you may want to look ahead to HD options, too.

I'm considering using multiple video out ports on the mythbox into
some kind of switch. Destroys the WAF, but I get the nice output from
PVR and the acceleration from the normal graphics card

 - Jeff