[mythtv-users] MythTV - few tweaks needed

Morten Rønseth morten.ronseth at webfx.no
Wed May 18 07:30:53 UTC 2005

Risto Treksler wrote:

>>3) Any way to get MythTV to keep running the live TV buffer while I'm
>>crawling around menus? Say, I want to go play with settings and
>>whatnot, and in the meantime I want it to keep buffering TV so I can
>>watch it later. Kind of like TiVo does, it always records something.
>>

>that might be nice, ie keep the livetv buffer full of the last channel watched
>also with 2 tuners, the last 2 channels watched could be buffered
>ie when you go channel up, it would actually go to the next channel on the
>next tuner, then you could go back to the last channel and rewind!
>
>would be pretty cool, but alas pretty useles for most ppl,
>as most ppl don't watch livetv with mythtv

I regard myself as "most ppl" and I DO watch live TV with Myth.
I've been wanting this feature for some time now.

>>4) If I watch TV and send "record" command, it records from the
>>current time, losing the live buffer. Can I change this? (again, Tivo
>>does it: if I'm 10 minutes into the show and select to record, I get
>>the first 10 minutes into my recording).
>>

>i hate that too
>there is a setting for "livetv buffer change warnings"
>to workaround some related issues.

This also is something I'd love to see in Myth :-)

>>Thanks in advance,
>>Fedor

Is there a "feature request" channel where we could lobby for these
features?

Cheers,

-Morten

WEB-fx
Morten Lerskau Rønseth           http://www.webfx.no
Odinsvei 15c                     mailto:morten at webfx.no
1413 Tårnåsen                    Tlf.: (47) 6680 9191
Norway                           Mob : (47) 9343 4357