[mythtv-users] database broken?

Martin Gutenbrunner martin.gutenbrunner at gmx.at
Wed May 18 07:18:50 UTC 2005

hi folks!

for some while several things aren't working anymore for me in mythtv. eg
saving bookmarks or commercial flagging (it says mythcommflag can't be found
although I can run the command from the shell).
when manually setting a bookmark, there's no entry in the database for it
(table recorded -> bookmark). and also, when commercial flagging was still
working, the flags where not saved (table recorded -> cutlist).

It's also impossible to save frontend-specific settings. no information is
written to the db either. Even choosing a hostname by myself in the settings
does not work because it doesn't keep the name until the next reboot.

another thing:
I don't know it this is caused by the database errors, but jumping forward
and backward while watching records is VERY slow. It was much faster back
when I set up the server. For some days now it takes about 1 or 2 minutes to
skip forward 10 minutes. skipping 30 seconds also takes about 5 seconds. It
once worked without delay

permissions are set on the database to mythtv@'%', so all my frontends
should have the necessary right...

anyone an idea, what's wrong?