[mythtv-users] Feature request: backwards compatability

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:01:03 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Bryan Halter <bhalter at armyofpenguins.com> wrote:
> protocol on either the backend or frontend.  One of the biggest hurdles
> for me as a Gentoo user is that I have to upgrade all my frontends and
> backends at the same time and restart.  If the frontend had barkwards

why is it hard to upgrade?  i compile from cvs and with one backend
and 3 frontends i just run a script when i have to upgrade.  if all
the frontends are same architecture it could be even easier, just
build on one machine, nfs export and install on all machines i would
think.

i'm using debian and don't know much about gentoo but it seems to me
that it's not much more work to upgrade multiple machines than it is
to upgrade one machine, work smarter not harder :).