[mythtv-users] Feature request: backwards compatability

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Tue May 17 22:41:18 UTC 2005

A nice feature to have would be backwards compatability for the Mythtv
protocol on either the backend or frontend.  One of the biggest hurdles
for me as a Gentoo user is that I have to upgrade all my frontends and
backends at the same time and restart.  If the frontend had barkwards
compatability by 1 version a user could upgrade the frontends one by one
as time permits and at the end upgrade the backend, likewise if the
backend could support clients one revision back that could be upgraded
without needing to upgrade all the frontends.

I don't know how much effort is involved in this or if it has been
discussed previously, just an observation.

--Bryan