[mythtv-users] auto transcoding *some* recordings

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed May 18 01:05:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 08:52:07PM -0400, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> What is the difference between a Recording Group, Recording Profile,
> and Profile Group?

Recording Group - I believe this is just a way for you to categorize
your recordings to make navigation easier. For example, in MythWeb,
you can sort your recordings by "Recording Group" (e.g., Movies,
Cooking, Crime).

Recording Profile - settings for how your recordings eventually end up
on disk. This is where you set up your quality settings based on your
desired quality/disk-space requirements.

Profile Group - I don't know, since I only have one, but I think you
get one Profile Group per capture card in the system, plus a
"Transcoders" group for transcoding.

--Rob