[mythtv-users] Tiny fonts

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05 at crowcastle.net
Tue May 17 17:13:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 22:30, Michael Smith wrote:
> >>Make sure your display is running at 100dpi
> To find out what resolution your X server is using:
>
> $ xpdyinfo | grep dots
> 81x108 dots per inch
> Easiest thing to do is add a DisplaySize line giving the screen
> dimensions in millimeters to the "Monitor" section of your xorg.conf
> file

That did it.  I had to adjust it as if I were running at 1080i;
apparently the DPI setting doesn't adjust with xrandr (since it can't
adjust fonts when changing modes, that makes sense).

I still wish that there was a setting to change that font size.  Big
fonts are a nice thing, and faking out the DPI settings isn't always the
best way of handling it.

I guess it's a wish list item.

--PC