[mythtv-users] Under what circumstances will mythfilldatabase report 'unsuccessful'?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:15:42 UTC 2005

On 17/05/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since before Christmas, I have been running mythfilldatabase via a
> 'silenced' cron job every couple of days, to populate the 3 sources I
> use. One thing that's always bugged me, but I've lived with, is when
> it successfully imports new data, but reports it was unsuccessful.
>
> I am wondering under what circumstances it will report this - as I
> never see missing data, and the availability goes from 11-12 days back
> to 13-14 days, as I expect using the uk_rt grabber.
>
> Thanks if anyone has any answers,
> Nick

I'm using the uk_rt grabber, which run manually every few days because
I don't really need data more than 7 days ahead.

The grabber gives out errors due to channel data not matching the
channels ids.  In January there were only two non-matching channels;
that number has gradually increased and now there are about a dozen.
None of them are channels that I recognise and the grab and
mythfilldatabase complete correctly.

Maybe these errors are something to do with the 'unsuccessful' message'?

(I tried to update the channel ids file, but it appears to exist on
the radio times web site, rather than on my machine)