[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.18.1 brings dreaded audio buffering and stuttering ...

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:16:06 UTC 2005

Having upgraded from a very stable 0.16 backend system and having
managed to salvage the DVB setup, I am seeing audio breaking up, or
even completely disappearing when changing channels in LiveTV mode.
Exiting back to the main menu, then restarting LiveTV seems to restore
sound, but it then deteriorates again. (using ALSA 1.0.8)

This seems to be an issue for a lot of users, but haven't not suffered
it before, I am wondering if there is something obvious I need to
check.

I am also wondering about the status of ALSA support across the 0.18.1
release - is it possible to use ALSA devices for everything including
mythmusic, or does that still require OSS emu?

Thanks,
Nick