[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.18.1 brings dreaded audio buffering and stuttering ...

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue May 17 07:27:21 UTC 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Nick wrote:

> Having upgraded from a very stable 0.16 backend system and having
> managed to salvage the DVB setup, I am seeing audio breaking up, or
> even completely disappearing when changing channels in LiveTV mode.
> Exiting back to the main menu, then restarting LiveTV seems to restore
> sound, but it then deteriorates again. (using ALSA 1.0.8)

Hm, no such problems here, and in fact, there was a patch in 0.18.1
that actually *fixed* audio loss when viewing mpeg2 transport streams
in live TV for me.

> This seems to be an issue for a lot of users, but haven't not suffered
> it before, I am wondering if there is something obvious I need to
> check.

All I can suggest is to make sure 'enable extra audio buffering' is
enabled (settings -> tv settings -> playback).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...