[mythtv-users] sound setup with PVR-350

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 23:17:19 UTC 2005

LiveTV does not use Xine or mplayer, MythTV handles it
itself.

Yes, you will need to connect the PVR-350's RCA audio
out to Line-In on your sound card, and then Line-Out
(of the sound card) to your TV, or stereo.

The line-in on the PVR-350 card is meant for use with
the S-Video input (I don't remember if the PVR-350 has
a composite input or not).  Since you're already
capturing with the tuner input, you can't capture from
the S-Video input at the same time, hence you can't
use the line-in to get sound from the sound card.

-- Joe