[mythtv-users] HD3000 or Air2PC

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:08:36 UTC 2005

Back when I first started planning for my new HD setup, I'd decided on
getting an Air2PC card because it could capture (at least some)
digital cable channels and the driver was included in the stock Linux
kernel.  But just as I was ready to buy, they were in the middle of
going to another hardware rev of the card.  Each time I check on when
they'll be available, it's delayed again.

>From what I can find, the HD3000 can capture QAM now, so is there any
reason not to get the HD3000 at this point?  Is the new Air2PC card
going to be that much better that it'll be worth waiting on (however
long that takes)?

I guess with the broadcast flag deadline on hold for now, there's not
so much of a hurry to get one in my hands.

Thanks,
-- Tony