[mythtv-users] theme scale messed up after crash

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon May 16 14:57:56 UTC 2005

Does anyone have the problem of the theme scaling getting messed up
after a crash on the frontend? My X starts at 1920x1080i then
mythfrontend is set using xrandr to change the menu to 888x508. If
mythfrontend crashes or if it hangs and I restart X I run into the
problem where mythfrontend starts and has what looks like a dialog and
progress bar showing that it is scaling the theme to the current res.
This takes a few minutes because it thinks the current res is really
huge. I can only see the first three menu items on the screen and the
letters are about 4" tall. I can make my way to setup / appearance then
press escape and it re-scales to the correct size. What ever it is that
is messed up survives a reboot. I have to go into setup to get it fixed.
This only started happening around v.17

- James