[mythtv-users] problem with HD3000 and channel setup

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Sun May 15 21:07:50 UTC 2005

On 5/15/05, Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 05:08:18 -0700 (PDT)
> Howard Cokl <hojoloco at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Let me see if I understand, you have an HD3K using the
> > dvb drivers and have it hooked up to basic cable?  I'm
> > pretty sure that won't work, but I think you can use
> > it for NTSC (with the v4l drivers but I'm not sure if
> > you can do dvb and v4l at the same time).  The answer
> > I gave you earlier was using the HD3K hooked up to an
> > antenna to receive ATSC over the air.
>
> Yeah, I was pretty sure it won't work but since I only started to play
> with the hd3k yesterday and did not have an antenna, I thought there was
> no harm in trying...
>
> I will go get an antenna today and see whether I can tune anything...

DVB driver cannot be used to tune to OTA channels.  You need the ATSC driver.

Cable companies usually retransmit local OTA digital (HD or SD)
channels and they are required by law to leave it unencrypted.

So load your DVB driver module for the HDTV-3000.  Set up a DVB
encoder in mythtv setup.  Then go to channel setup and do a full scan.
 You should be able to pick up some digital channels.  Here I can
watch 11, of which 6 are HD.

> --
> Mitko Haralanov

Xiaotian