[mythtv-users] Can't connect to master backend server

Christian Schuglitsch subjectmythtv at schugy.de
Sun May 15 18:11:55 UTC 2005

I don't know exactly whether mythfrontend and mythbackend use a lockfile
to avoid multiple instances but I've had this problem too. I think it
was when I tried to quit mythfrontend but there stayed an invisible
process running in the background.
My first workaround was to change the ports for mythbackend and
mythfrontend because the current default ports were occupied and not usable.
Maybe a simple killall -9 mythbackend and killall -9 mythfrontend would
have worked too.
Schugy