[mythtv-users] SBLive - OpticalSPDIF issues

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sun May 15 04:08:44 UTC 2005

Andy O'Brien wrote:
> Hey Michael, thanks for the responce, sorry I haven't had much time to
> fiddle with the box lately, but after checking all my settings I still
> haven't figured out what's going on here.

This is way, way too complex for an SB Live.  (At least for one of the
emu10k1 variety; if you've got one of the Dell variety, my condolences.)
  I have no problem outputting to S/PDIF from any source (analog or
AC3/DTS, mplayer, xine, or mythtv) with the following asound.conf:

pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm "hw:0,2"
}

Yeah, that's it. :)  FWIW, I'm using ALSA 1.0.8, and have had mixed
success with earlier versions.

Cheers,
Kyle