[mythtv-users] dvb-tv: recording looks good but live tv looks bad

Frank Visser frank.visser at gmail.com
Sun May 15 02:13:04 UTC 2005

Hi all,

MythTV is almost perfect for me now, but I am running in a small
wierdness. Sometimes the channel is bad quality when watching live tv,
but when I record it using the 's' key and switch over to look at the
recording the quality is good!

Can anyone explain why this is happening? Freeview sends a MPEG stream
over, so it shouldn't matter if I watch live or at the recording. Any
suggestions about settings I can play with the get better quality when
watching live?

Frank